SDK.finance back-end software allows you to build any FinTech product from the list of SDK.finance solutions in accordance with all the business models presented.
It allows you to start a payment business in a cost-effective manner, without developing it from scratch. You can be up and running rapidly with a low CapEX (capital expenditure) and in a timely manner, as our high-quality solution is already available.
You are able to cherry-pick from our payment services, thanks to our modularity system, or order custom-mde product development by SDK.finance team according to your specific business needs.
What steps does the product development process include?
1. Project documentation is the most significant document, which provides a foundation for the business project. This is a key document that describes in details what you would like to develop. It is directed at three groups of people: managers, engineers and designers.
The accuracy of the entire project’s timing and budget depends on the documentation process. We are working with the Waterfall methodology that accurately assesses the system scale, the system roles and the user’s scenarios. The project management team from the customer’s side is required to participate in this process.
Before beginning the work on project documentation, we carry out the preparatory work, which includes the following steps:
- Definition of high-level requirements. This document summarises a list of presumed actors and their functionality. Please find an example of the requirements for P2P money transfer solution.
- Detailed requirements (it could be up to 200 lines of functional requirements for a product).
Based on these requirements, we proceed to the project documentation. This document should be as detailed as possible.
Project documentation structure:
1. Business part
- Business summary;
- Business requirements: full list of business functionalities that should be implemented by designers and engineers.
2. Technical part
- System infrastructure requirements;
- High-level system architecture (technology stack, databases, interfaces, protocols);
- System architecture
- Schemes for engineers;
- Expected traffic in transactions per month (performance) and the plans for the first year;
- PCI DSS readiness (do we need to store credit card data)
3. Product road-map
Key components of project documentation
As we have noticed before, the project documentation includes a textual description of the business model, system roles, business processes, the whole system logic, as well as schemes and images. The key components of project documentation are:
- System actors – abstract business entities that are incorporated according to the business rules. Their incorporation organises the business processes. The essence of the actors makes it possible to build project business rules of any complexity level.
- Project documentation includes the definition of the system and basic actors, with a detailed list of features and their relationships with each other. According to our experience, one system can include up to 15 different roles (CFO, financial manager, anti-fraud manager, compliance manager, business development manager, support manager, user, merchant, etc.).
- Interface maps are schematic illustrations of the core logic of all business processes and interactions in the system. They represents the detailed user’s journey maps with layer procedures. As a result, we achieve a detailed description and visualisation of the business logic and understand how users interact with the system according to all possible cases.
Approving these maps makes it possible to begin working on functional programming and interface implementation. According to our experience, each role can be drawn in up to 10 maps (authorisation, general personal cabinet structure, profile, top up, withdraw, exchange, pay, etc).
Example of interface maps:
- Wireframes – a basic visualisation of logic on the interface screens. These sketches are called wireframes. They are build on the basis of the interface maps. Wireframes allow us to understand how specific layout is convenient within each screen without being distracted by the specific visual design solutions (colors/fonts).
Here you can see an example of wireframes:
As a result, we provide the detailed project documentation as a basis for further product development. Usually, the document consists of 20-40 pages of well structured information.
2. Development process
The next step is the development process, which is based on project documentation. It includes the unique UI/UX design, implementation of pre-fab SDK.finance modules and integration with third parties.
2.1. Front-end is the development of visual stylistics starts in parallel with the development of interface maps and wireframes.
We develop unique and individual visual styles for each project. As part of the work on style, we match the modular grid as presented below:
We also design an individual color scheme for each project:
The customer can also pick up the fonts:
We design our own system of icons. Next, we develop an individual modular grid for all of them. This allows icons to look like an unified and complete system.
Also we design all types of elements that may occur in the system (buttons, links, lists, charts, preloader, switches, etc):
We are arranging all these components in a single document, called a GUI (Graphical user interface).
While developing the GUI, we take into consideration that the design should be displayed correctly on all types of screens (web, mobile, tablets). It is called adaptive design.
The development of such a document on the style allows us to provide a quick, guaranteed result for the overall design of the project.
2.2. Back-end development is the invisible part, but the most important one. It deals with functionality, security and scalability. Back-end development from scratch is very costly and time consuming, with no guarantee of quality even after significant time and money was invested.
That’s why we have invented a unified back-end that covers all you need in a transaction-related business. We provide 50 APIs in the Backend-as-a-Service business model.
The pre-fab modules of SDK.finance can be configured, customised and easily integrated with any third party providers for any particular FinTech product. This flexibility enables us to achieve the desired functionality. It also allows us to significantly speed up the launch time and to reduce the development costs.
SDK.finance software is built using these technologies:
The product development policy is based on SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) with mandatory SLA (Service Layer Agreement).
All major steps in the process are presented in the Atlassian – JIRA + Confluence company’s professional project management environment. Atlassian – JIRA + Confluence is the global leader in project management services. Confluence provides the knowledge base of the project and project documentation. JIRA – provides planning versions, main steps and tasks, as well as testing and monitoring their implementation.
SDK.Finance offers cloud hosting on PCI-DSS ready infrastructure from the global leader Amazon Web Services.
2.3. Integration with third parties is available (Visa/MasterCard, banks and financial institutions, Oracle, IBM, Salesforce, Risk and Analytics components, etc.);
2.4. Integration of front-end with back-end – HTML integration with back-end to implement relevant processes in the back-end as a result of the user’s interactions with front-end.
2.5. Testing – all testing procedures are based on quality assurance policy. A high-quality QA team is testing all system processes.
2.6. Release – this is the final step of the development process. It includes the transfer of all system procedures from developer to operation mode.
Pre-designed FinTech solution
You have the choice of pre-designed FinTech solution from this list. In this case, there is no additional product development. All you need is front-end (your unique UI/UX design). SDK.finance developers are ready to integrate it with our back-end platform to provide you with finished ready-to-go FinTech solution in one month.
This formula is suitable for companies with their own development team.
Custom-made FinTech solution
SDK.finance offers custom-made FinTech solution development according to your specific business needs. This means that the product is developed on user’s demand. It allows you to get a unique FinTech product where you can implement your business logic.
SDK.finance team has more than 10 years’ experience in FinTech product development and financial services security. At various stages in the past, we have launched a number of payments and/or finance products.
We have gained expertise in areas like electronic money, e-payment services, payment aggregators, financial middleware. This in-depth knowledge allows us to develop a custom-made FinTech product based on your special needs.
SDK.finance offers flexible pricing plans
for companies of any size. We will be in touch quickly to get you started with a package that makes sense for your business.