Acquiring the SDK.finance Platform source code
Our source code purchase process involves several stages, outlined below.
Important. By source code we mean the source code license that will be granted to you by us after the successful completion of the technical product audit and quality acceptance stage.
One source code license works for one country of operation.
1. Pre-purchase business case audit
To make sure that SDK.finance Platform is suitable for building the financial product you have in mind, this stage is crucial.
- Your team has to use the Knowledge base to run a comprehensive gap analysis by themselves and decide whether the SDK.finance Platform is a good fit for your prospective product
- Alternatively, you can send us a detailed product requirements document (PRD)
- Our team conducts a comprehensive gap analysis.
Note. The gap analysis fee is €2,000, to cover the hourly rates of our experts.
Click here for a detailed overview of the PRD and gap analysis process.
Paperwork and payment
To start the code audit and knowledge transfer procedure we have to conclude the contract first.
An upfront payment of 10% of the product price is required as a knowledge transfer fee.
Note. The fee is non-refundable, even if you decide not to buy the source code.
To review the code, you will need a skilled team consisting of the following experts:
- Business analyst
- Senior Java developer
- QA engineer
- DevOps engineer
- Senior Vue.js developer
Please refer to the detailed requirements for each role.
Knowledge sharing and technical code audit
Usually, this stage takes 1-2 months, the duration depends on the management of your team.
Product documentation and access sharing
We provide your team with the documentation and grant you access to the source code (stored on our servers, with no download option) for review.
For a detailed technology overview, click here.
Q&A sessions (questions and answers)
- We coordinate with you to work out the knowledge transfer plan and timing. It can be reviewed and modified according to the progress of your team.
- We run online Q&A sessions with your team to answer questions about product documentation, configuration, development, and testing specifics, plus other issues related to source code and Platform architecture.
Product testing by your team
This phase enables your team to do the following:
- get familiar with project architecture
- explore the product features in detail
- try to make product modifications (e.g. import/run project, create/test new features etc).
Click here for a detailed description of the actions involved in this stage.
System performance testing
You have an opportunity to assess the SDK.finance software speed, responsiveness, stability, and scalability by simulating real-world usage scenarios, plus test its ability to handle the expected workload.
Click here for a detailed overview of the system performance testing process.
3. Source code transfer
If you decide to purchase the source code after completing the product audit and quality acceptance stage, the following steps must be completed.
Paperwork and payment
As a part of the main contract, you need to sign the Code Quality Verification Certificate and make the license fee payment (90% of the contract value).
Source code transfer to GitLab
Once both parties have signed the code quality verification certificate and the license fee has been paid in full, the source code will be transferred to your GitLab account by our team.
You will then have full control over the source code and can modify it as needed. You will also be responsible for the database and infrastructure maintenance, as well as further features and integration development.
4. Post-purchase period. Support
Follow up support
We offer free-of-charge support services for a period of 6 months from the date of the source code transfer.
What is included:
- weekly 1-hour-long calls to discuss your questions or problems encountered with our software.
Note. We request that you provide us with a list of questions, topics, or issues to be discussed at least 2 days prior to the scheduled call.
What’s not included:
- training your team on using the Platform
- the Platform customization
- features development
- third -party integrations development
After the 6-month support period, the additional support will be charged based on the hourly rates of the SDK.finance developers and has to be agreed upon additionally.
5. Post-purchase period. Software updates
5.1. Bug fixing
Free bug-fixing services will be provided for 2 years after the transfer of the source code.
- blockers or critical defects in the SDK.finance software
What’s not covered:
- non-critical bugs,
- feature requests
- other services not specifically listed in the Agreement.
If a defect is found, here’s the workflow to follow:
- Your team notifies us and provides detailed information about the nature and impact of the defect/bug found.
- We take our best efforts to resolve the issue and keep you informed of the progress.
- If a blocker or critical defect is caused by a third-party tool, we will work with you to fix the problem.
The possible solutions might include:
- requesting an official update from the vendor
- reverting to a previous working version
- replacing the problematic tool with an alternative solution.
5.2. Software vulnerabilities
Within 2 years of source code transfer, we offer free services to fix vulnerabilities related to SDK.finance software.
- weaknesses or errors in the software that could be exploited by malicious actors to compromise the security, integrity, or availability of the software or your systems.
Vulnerabilities not covered are caused by:
- third-party integrations
- improper configuration
- unsupported environments.
If a vulnerability is identified, here are the steps to follow:
- Your team promptly notifies us in writing and provides detailed information about the nature, severity, and potential impact of the vulnerability.
- We use commercially reasonable efforts to investigate, analyze and remediate the vulnerabilities within the agreed-upon timeframe.